Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Little Gandhi

Sometimes inspiration works in very mysterious ways.

A couple of weeks ago as this 'Little Ziggy project' began to crystallize in my remaining active brain cells, I decided to make a list of different targets to go for. And believe it or not, one of the first I decided to do was Gandhi.

I have no idea why. Is he recognizable? Sure. Do I particularly spend a lot of time thinking about him or even know a lot about what he did in his life? Well, apart from what Sir Ben Kingsley showed me some 25 or 30 years ago, no, I don't.


In fact, I don't even know a lot about India. As I was researching potential backgrounds, I was surprised to find out India is NOT the desert oasis I assumed it was. Underwater owing to monsoons half the year, yes, but not per se in desert form.

But anyway, he made the list and here he is. Along the way I discovered that you have to be careful not making a well-aged gentleman too wrinkly for his own good and that people and clothes that are essentially just slightly different shades of 'earth' can add additional challenges in terms of coloration. C'est la vie.





No comments:

Post a Comment